Milk, Dark, or White Chocolate Basket Shells
Our large chocolate shells are just waiting for you to fill them with your favorite mousse or let your guest fill them with a scoop of ice cream. Enjoy fresh fruit with Crème fraîche. Let your inner chef loose and see what you can make for dessert tonight.
Perfect for your Easter get together.
Made from our 73% cocoa Dark chocolate, our creamy milk chocolate or our creamy white chocolate.
Oblong shape Measures 78mm x 40mm x 20mm (3" x 1.4" x .75").
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 12 white chocolate baskets*
- Garnish: sugared edible flowers† and lavender handles‡
- In a large bowl, combine cream, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla extract, zest, and juice. Beat at medium speed with a mixer until soft peaks form.
- Divide mixture among white chocolate baskets.
- Garnish with sugared flowers and lavender handles, if desired.
- *White chocolate baskets can be found at Lang's Chocolates, 570-323-6320.
- †Sugared flowers can be found at fancyflours.com. Fancy Flours, 406-587-0118.
- ‡To create lavender handles, use food-safe florist wire and florist tape. Tape each leaf to the wire, working from one side to the other. For step-by-step pictures, go to Making Lavender Handles for White Chocolate Baskets.
Posted by Lynn Zalesny on Aug 04 2018
My original review was not good. I had gotten a shipment that were broken and or melted. Langs had me send pictures and sent a full replacement. The chocolates were delicious.
Posted by Nydia on Apr 02 2018
These were absolutely gorgeous and were delicious. I used them for an Easter tea party. My only critique was that the weaving on the basket was not as pronounced as it showed on the picture. I'm not sure why that was, but I was a bit disappointed.