Caramel Apple Cider Bombs
By: Elizabeth Peterson
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons of heavy cream
- ½ teaspoons of kosher salt
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1/4 cup (or more) caramel sauce
- Caramel Apple Cider:
- In a small mason jar combine 1 part caramel-infused vodka to 4 parts apple cider. (e.g.: 1/4 ounce vodka to 1 ounce cider). You can alter the ratios to make it as strong as you like.
- Caramel Sauce:
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan on medium-low heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. (Remove any crystals that form on the side). Once the sugar is dissolved increase heat to high. Occasionally, gently swish the saucepan around to keep the mixture moving. Do not stir it directly. The sugar mixture will begin to bubble after a minute. As it darkens to a dark amber color, approximately 5-7 minutes, add the butter and cream to saucepan. (Be careful! There'll be lots of hot bubbles!) Gently whisk to combine (bubbles will dissipate as everything cools). Add the salt and stir to combine.
- Set aside to cool, you don't want to melt the chocolate with it! Let it rest until it reaches close to room temp (about 75*)
- Caramel Mousse:
- Gently fold about 1/4 - 1/3 C cooled caramel sauce into 1 cup whipped topping until well combined. Some small caramel streaks are desirable.
- The mousse should be stiff enough to form soft peaks.
- Thoroughly wash the apple.
- Dice into small bits - approx 1/4 inch pieces or smaller (coat thoroughly with lemon juice (or vodka for an extra kick) to prevent oxidation if chopping these ahead of time)
- Add about 1 tsp caramel sauce in the bottom of each shot glass.
- Loosely place about 1-2 teaspoons apple bits.
- Fill with caramel-apple cider to just below the rim.
- Carefully pipe caramel mousse around the inside edge.
- Continue to pipe a swirl to enclose the cider as it rises.
- Serve immediately and enjoy responsibly.
Delicate and delicious, these dessert bites are extremely quick and fun to make. Yum-tastic!Lang's Chocolates Super Quick Banana Cream Pie Dessert Cup BitesIngredients:
Lang's Chocolates White Chocolate Dessert CupsBanana Cream Pudding (store-bought snack cups OR already prepared box mix)Whipped ToppingSliced AlmondsVanilla wafers, crushedDirections:
Press a small layer of crushed vanilla wafers in the bottom of each dessert [...]
Read More »
Elegant entertaining in a pinch? Try these!Lang's Chocolates Quick & Easy Brownie and Chocolate Mousse Shot Glass Desserts Ingredients:
Lang's Chocolates Chocolate Shot Glasses (Milk or Dark)1 box store-bought chocolate mousse mixEnough milk to make the mousse as required by the box mix recipe.Your favorite brownies, cut into small wedges for garnishDirections:
Prepare the chocolate mousse mix [...]
Read More »