Customer Dessert Recipes
Pork Roast with Peach Barbecue Sauce
For a sweet touch in a savory dish, this peach barbecue sauce smothering tender pork roast fits the bill.
Recipe type: Entree
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 lb. bone-in pork roast
- Salt & pepper
- ⅔ cup onion, chopped (about 1 small onion)
- 1 t. garlic, chopped (1 clove)
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 1 mild chile pepper, such as poblano, roasted and chopped
- 3 peaches, grilled and peeled
- 2 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 T. apple cider vinegar
- 2 T. organic ketchup
- 3 T. yellow mustard
- ⅔ c. chicken stock
- ½ t. cayenne pepper
- 1 t. smoked paprika
- 2 t. chili powder
- ⅓ cup Keystone Pantry Allulose
- Heat a skillet or slow cooker to high and add oil.
- Season pork roast with salt and pepper. Add to hot skillet or slow cooker and brown on each side.
- Meanwhile, slice peaches in half, remove pits and brush with a bit of olive oil. Grill until charred on the skinless side. Remove from the grill set aside until cool enough to handle. Slip off the skins and coarsely chop.
- Remove pork roast from heat and set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients, including prepared peaches, to slow cooker (along with hot oil from skillet, if using).
- Set slow cooker to medium and cook for 5 - 6 hours, until pork is tender.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and set aside. Blend barbecue sauce with stick blender.
- Shred pork roast and mix with about one cup of the barbecue sauce.
- Save remaining sauce for another use. It will keep in the refrigerator for a week or so.
Ingredients 1 tablespoon sesame seeds2 tablespoons minced ginger1/2 cup soy sauce3/4 cup rice vinegar4 tablespoons Gojuchang or other chili sauce1 cup AlluloseInstructions Gently toast the sesame seeds until pale golden and set aside.In a small pan add the sesame oil and the ginger and saute for 30 seconds.Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, gojuchang and Allulose and [...]