Sweet and Spicy Oven Hash
If you want maximum flavor with minimum work, my Sweet and Spicy Oven Hash is a tasty combination of meat, vegetables and rice accented with select spices and herbs that makes a perfect dinner solution.
Course: Main Course
Keyword: casseroles, easy dinners, Sweet and Spicy Oven Hash
- 1 pound of ground turkey or ground beef
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 1-20 ounce can of petite diced tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1/4 cup of blackstrap molasses
- 1 tablespoon of prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons of salt
- ½ teaspoons of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped in small pieces
- 2 tablespoons of Keystone Pantry Allulose Natural Rare Sugar Sweetener
- 1 cup of water
- 1-8 ounce package of fresh chopped mushrooms
- 3/4 cup of uncooked rice
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Brown your meat in the olive oil first before adding your chopped onions and garlic to continue browning until tender.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and jalapeno pepper and continue cooking to brown as well.
- Drain off any excess fat before add the chopped tomatoes, molasses, prepared mustard, salt, pepper, chili powder, ginger, the Allulose sweetener, water, and the uncooked rice before placing in a covered casserole or pot suitable to bake in a 350-degree for thirty minutes before stirring and adding some extra water (about ½ cup) if needed in case it starts to dry.
- Continue baking covered for another 15 minutes before testing the rice to see if it is done.